Jeep Desert Dog (Memorial)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jim Phillips 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jim Phillips
    Participant

Recently had to put down my jeep buddy, Balto the Desert Dog.

Jim Phillips
    Participant

Recently had to put down my Jeep Desert Dog.

http://youtu.be/dRB0iXdID9Q

Renae D.
    Keymaster

Jim, this broke my heart! We had to put our Sammy Boy down last June ’13 and it doesn’t get any easier. I try to focus on the great 14 years we had together, but there isn’t a day I don’t miss our boy. Thanks for sharing your Balto!

Steve505
    Keymaster

Jim – So sorry to hear of your loss!! Dogs are so very special and are definitely not with us long enough! Your video was both sad and touching!

Steve

Jim Phillips
    Participant

thanks Renae and Steve. It wasn’t a very good quality video, but it gave me an opportunity to honor my Desert Dog. That dog drove me crazy at home. He ate through our wood fence a thousand times at least! We lived on the edge of the desert in Imperial CA, and he always wanted to escape out into the desert at night. I also think he may have been a cat in his previous life. He had that kind of an attitude. He could care less about anything ….until you opened up the door to the jeep. That rascal was awesome in the desert. He was always fifty feet in front of me clearing the way. (and “marking” every bush in our path). Our next dog will be a Golden Retriever, but it’s going to be hard to follow in Balto’s paw prints.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Having issues?

We want your experience on JeepedIn to be fun and easy. If you are having problems, we are here to help!

Get Support
Just for YOU

Join the JeepedIn newsletter to be in the know about upcoming Jeep events and more! If you are a registered JI member, you are already signed up for news.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

Your privacy is important to us and we will never rent or sell your information.

CREATE ACCOUNT ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up